Sunday, January 14, 2007

2007 begins on good footings

We're in good patch. Tai chi is the old friend who is always there with a comforting familiarity. MS is the difficult relative you can't be rid of who insists on telling you what you don't want to hear.

Linda and I quietly celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary today on a beautiful wintry day, several inches of fresh snow, Jeep romping about, cedar burning in the kiva fireplace, and some friends dropping by for a visit.

We're both doing well in body and spirit. We came through the holidays losing weight on a vegetarian diet with Linda preparing exceptionally tasty recipes.

Jeep won our hearts in his first year of puppylife. He turns one year old tomorrow weighing in at over 80 lbs. A joy to be around, he accompanies me to some of my tai chi classes and does his rounds of therapy dog schmoozing with the old souls.



Tomorrow I restart a tai chi class with some of my regular students. I'm still able to ambulate without aids at the speed of an old tortoise .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fran said...
Thanks a bunch for responding to my questions, Joel. Happy Anniversary to you and Linda, and Happy Birthday to Jeep! 

I hope you continue to enjoy tai chi a lot. Sometimes life subtracts certain things from people (their health), but then gives them other things (good relationships, careers and hobbies they really enjoy, or vice versa for these parentheticals). Lately, when I'm down, I've been trying to look at the whole of my life more, at the overall. I usually do this with the rest of the world but sometimes forget to do the same with myself. 

I hope you can stay focused on all the positive things in your life and increase them in number, so maybe the negative things won't feel so bad. To me, every little moment counts and little moments can be wonderful sometimes; they also can add up eventually.

Take care,

Fran
9:11 PM

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Hello,

I gotta know your recipes because I managed to put on the pork this MLK holiday (and just added insult [beef of all stripes] to injury [turkey and my wife's home made French fries.])

I have to get back to 180lbs. :-)

By the way, that's a gorgeous dog. Huge but gorgeous.

mdmhvonpa said...

Heh ... new pup ... old soul.

Jaime said...

What a doll! I am glad to hear that you are doing well in 2007. Happy (late) Anniversary and Happy New Year!