Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Yesterday's legs

The past month has been one of those times that MS is in the driver's seat. I am grieving the loss of yesterday's legs. Today's legs are slower and tire quickly.

I am settling into my new Rebif regimen with the usual flu-like symptoms being controlled by ibuprofen. Too soon to tell if Rebif is making an impact.

My tai chi hangs in there. Here again, even with fewer daily practices, positive body changes continue to occur. The sacroiliac episode of last month had a beneficial effect in furthering my efforts to rebalance posture. More of my weight and balance is shifting posterior in the pelvis giving me greater support when I am on one leg.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Joel, glad to see you're back. I always worry a little when any of the MS blogs I read don't get updated for a while. But I know how MS can rearrange your life, so I usually let it go. I've been on Rebif for almost 2 years, and I have no idea if it does anything at all. The progress of MS seems to be hold steady, but who knows if that is the Rebif or just the natural state of the disease. My neuro says the same thing, but says there is no harm in using the drug - which I hope is true. I had the flu stuff too, but after a few months it is pretty much gone. Standing on one leg - you go, guy!

Michelle said...

There are so many of us. It's like a whole little world. Hats off and hello!

Anonymous said...

Is this blog available as an RSS feed? I would love to keep up to date with it via my RSS reader...

--
Natalie
natalie [at] natalieford [dot] com