Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Drag free walking

Today, for the first time in years, I experienced drag free walking. Took Jeep, the 9 month 80 pound puppy, for a what I thought was going to be a short training walk. Instead, I found myself walking-walking without the usual drag and shuffle. I think the rebalancing and shifting of my pelvis has gone far enough to enable me to lift my foot effortlessly. After about an hour, the muscles around the pelvic girdle became tired. Nevertheless, the old man and his remedial tai chi are tracking. This could be really BIG.

3 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

No more 'foot drop'? Fantatstic!

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Great.

I don't experience foot drop but the rubble (it doesn't deserve to be called a street or a sidewalk) that I encounter on the way to and from work makes me very leery.

While my foot doesn't drop (only for a couple of weeks right after my attacks) it doesn't lift much.

Mathieu said...

I have just discovered your blog through Miss Chris's blog.

Keep it up. I'll be reading and hoping for good health.