Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Reinventing oneself

With MS, one changes -- you are reinvented in body, mind and spirit. Whether the disease reinvents a passive me or I reinvent myself, that is my choice. The fact that I will be 65 next year does not give me an exemption.

Having spent my adult years in education predisposes me to look for teachers -- in person, in books, in experience, in my tai chi training. Looking for teachers when I need to work on myself. A friend of mine likes to say -- "Personal growth is great except when you're doing it."

1 comment:

Charles-A. Rovira said...

I have reinvented myself at several points (no I'm not in a witness relocation program :-)

Some points were of my own chosing, following after whatever was obsessing me, some were not, like getting over some traumatic event, and some were recovering and rediscovering what I had left of me after an MS attack.

Change is the only constant I know.