Friday, January 20, 2006

A Remarkably Good Chi Day

This morning I had my regular Friday class with two extraordinary people: Rod who is blind and in his late 70's and Jean who who is in her mid-70's and teaches Feldenkreis. Both have completed the the 108 move set and are now refining the form. I came away from our hour filled with good chi and blessed with full partners in tai chi.

This afternoon I did a tai chi segment in a training workshop for activity directors in New Mexico nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The 20 participants were introduced to adaptive tai chi kung. I partnered with a friend Barb, who teaches chi kung. The participants completed the 108 move tai chi chair set and were accompanied by two of the Taos Living Center residents with whom I have a special connection: Emma 94 and David 55 who has MS. Both demonstrated their tai chi. Truly remarkable.

A very good chi day.

No comments: