Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Walking without a stick

There are many who write well about MS and many more qualified to write about tai chi. I blog to better understand how MS and tai chi intersect in my life. After the roughest summer to date, my emotional and physical balance has been severely challenged. There was not much to write about until now.

I've used my tai chi exercises to continue the multi-year project of reshifting my weight and posture so that more of my weight pivots from the heels. I hesitated to report until I was more sure but I am now walking without the use of a walking stick. I don't have the pelvic strength to walk distances--it is my pelvic girdle that is doing the work of walking--but I am mobile and excited by the possibility of regaining some of my lost mobility.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

This is wonderful news! I am so glad that you were able to find something that you love and use it to help you regain some of your mobility. I pray that you continue to recover and that each day brings forth more strength. Take care of yourself.
Jaime